Go Birding: Local Parks & Popular Spots
(For a list of mobility-friendly spots, scroll down.)
- Busey Woods & Crystal Lake Park
- See a map of Crystal Lake Park, showing the ‘magic bridge’ and other birding landmarks.
- Meadowbrook Park
- Perkins Road Marsh
- Weaver Park
Join Birdnotes to get the latest local bird sightings.
See a Google map of locations that are commonly mentioned on Birdnotes:
Need Help Identifying Birds?
Our Member's Favorite Mobility-Friendly Birding Spots
For further information about the accessibility of these sites, please contact them directly.
Urbana Park District
- Features a paved trail that runs through prairie, along woodland edges, and near creeks.
- Watch the feeders from inside Anita Purves Nature Center.
- The Lakehouse is a good place to see swallows in the summer.
- A paved sidewalk runs from the nature center to Crystal Lake park along the west side of the pool.
Champaign County Forest Preserve District
- Buffalo Trace prairie has a paved trail.
- The Botanical Gardens also have a paved trail through a portion of the gardens.
- Watch the feeders from inside the Interpretive Center.
- A paved trail runs from the parking lot at the Interpretive Center to a prairie restoration.
- Enjoy a driving tour of the preserve, and watch for birds on the lake, in the wetland, and other areas of the preserve.
- Possibility Pier is accessible.